Best known as Peripheral Component Interconnect, PCI Wireless cards are gadgets that are installed on your computer to let you to connect to a wireless network.
Nowadays, Wi-Fi is the most common way to connect to the internet but a PCI Wireless card is a way to connect a PC that doesn’t already have wireless ability to the internet wirelessly.
Card 1: Asus Dual-Band Wireless AC1900 PCI Card
This card counts with a capability of delivering transfer speeds of up to 1.3Gbps. It is dual band and includes three flexible external antennas, so if your connection is not working very well you are able to fix it.
It is fully compatible with Windows 10 and previous versions and a great choice for online gaming where connection speed is a must.
Amazon price: $92,96
Card 2: TP-Link N900 TL-WDN4800 Dual Band PCI Card
This Dual Band adapter uses a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands to give you speeds of up to 450Mbps. Fast enough to allow to stream videos and playing online games.
Pretty easy to install, it comes with WPA/WPA2 for advanced security and also has three external antennas to give you a solid connection all around the house. It is a budget friendly device and it works with all Windows versions since Windows XP.
Amazon price: $39,99
Card 3: Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE Dual Band AC1900 PCI Card
A high hand product that offers speeds of up to 1300Mbps on the 5Ghz band and 600Mbps on the 2.4Ghz band. Includes three external antennas for a consistent connection and several solid security options like WPA/WPA2 to keep your network safe.
Built with a material that dissipates heat so overheating or high temperatures aren’t a problem, even when it has been working all day. It’s perfect for downloading, free gaming and reproducing 4k video streaming.
Amazon price: $59,99
Card 4: TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Card
The TP-Link Archer uses the 802.11ac wireless standard that means you can get speeds of up to 1300Mbps using this device. This card provides three times the speed than a standard wireless.
It can improve the strength of your connection over long distances as well as three external antennas. This is a great PCI card for gamers who need to use a wireless connection and downloading/uploading big files.
Compatible with the latest Windows 10, but also compatible with older versions such as Windows 7 and 8 and very easy to install.
Amazon price: $70,99
Tell us, which one you will choose? Which one is your favorite?
2015 Top 5 Ethernet cards to improve your FTTH
Optical fiber offers an unparalleled data transmission speed and in order to take advantage of it, you must have the necessary hardware.
The first thing to do is to verify what type of fiber connection you have and from there decide if a device upgrade is necessary.
One of the best ways to enjoy the speed of optical fiber is to connect your computer directly to it through a multimode or singlemode cable, rendering conventional network cards useless (For Ethernet cables Cat5 and Cat6).
Connecting fiber directly to your computer presents a greater investment due to the fact that you will need a fiber compatible network card.
these fiber compatible cards reach higher connection speeds and higher prices when compared to conventional network cards.
There are two types of network cards that are compatible with fiber optics, the ones that use multimode cables for distances shorter than 2km and the ones that use singlemode for distances of up to 25km.
To help you decide what card suits your needs we show you the top 5 options in the market:
What for? "Fiber to the Desktop"
You can connect your computer directly to the fiber network, meaning you will go from Fiber to the Home to a, even more, faster and personal Ethernet connection, with full Duplex support. This is great if you want really high-speed internet with a minimum attenuation.
- Maximum fiber distance of 550m
- PCI Express 1.0a compliant
- Supports Wake-on-LAN remote wake-up
- Advanced Configuration Power Management Interface (ACPI) 2.0
- Supports up to 7K Bytes jumbo frame in Windows® 7/Vista (4KB in older OS)
- Microsoft NDIS5 (IP, TCP, UDP) checksum offload
- Cable diagnostic utility
- Compliant with RFC 1157 SNMP v1 which allows you to manage remotely
- Complies with IEEE 802.1Q, 802.1p standards
- Easy plug and play installation
Price: 155.99 USD
Similar to PEX1000MMSC, this adapter is perfect for connecting directly to the network, but with 2km distance capacity advantage. More suitable for a network-to-build net. This also supports duplex cables
- Compliant with PCI rev. 2.1 standards
- Advanced Configuration Power Management Interface (ACPI) 1.0
- Supports PCI Bus Power Managements Interface Ver. 1.0/1.1 and Network Device Class Power Managements Ver. 1.0a
- Supports PC99, PC2001, and NET PC requirements
- VLAN Management
- Optical Wavelength of 1310nm
- Maximum fiber distance up to 2km
- Wake on LAN support
- Connection diagnostic utilities
- WHQL drivers
Price: 129.99 USD
What for? Offices with constant upload and download data need
Capable of support high-performance dual channel networking and maximum data transfer speed of 1000 Mbps in each direction this card is perfect for workplaces with needs of constant data exchange from point A to B
- A single 10/100/1000Mbps compatible RJ45 Ethernet port
- Network Link/Activity and 10/100/1000 Mbps LED indicators
- Fully Compliant with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x, and IEEE 802.3ab, and supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- Full and half duplex support
- Supports Wake-on-LAN function
- Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction (Auto MDI/MDI-X)
- Includes a low profile installation bracket
Price: 33.99 USD
What for? TV studios, data center to data center
The main advantage besides the distances capacity is its immunity to the electrical and magnetic interface, thinking about creating your own personal streaming studio? this is the Ethernet card you need once you have your FTTH network set up
- Maximum fiber distance up to 10km
- High band width
- 1000Mbps network speed
- Supports full duplex mode
- Supports IEEE 802.3x full-duplex flow control
- Supports 32 / 64 bits PCI bus
- Compliant with PCI 2.2 interface
- Supports Jumbo frame up to 9,014 bytes
- Supports high-level VLAN filtering function
- Supports on-board verification of IP headers and TCP / UDP check sums for received data
- Supports on-board screening of VLAN tagged ethernet frames
Price: 620.00 USD
What for? Longer distance, more suitable for TV and Radio channels
This to FLC-9210S, with the advance of more distance capacity, making it more applicable for huge studios or Wi-Fi data centers networks in open spaces.
- Maximum fiber distance up to 25km
- Network Interface: 1 X 100 Base-FX
- System Interface: 32-bit PCI Version 2.1 / 2.2 100Base-FX
- Fast fiber PCI card: 100Mbps Fiber Networking Interface Card
- 32-bit bus master data transfer with PC host
- PCI 2.2 plug-and-play installation
- RoHS Compliance.
- Driver Supported:Windows 95 / 98 / SE, Windows ME, Windows NT4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Novell Netware Server, Novell Netware DOS ODI, NDIS, Linux, Packet Driver, OS/2.
Price: 385.00 USD