Regardless of the size, this can be an intimidating process due to the variety of options available.
Business accomplishment depends on keeping overheads low whilst maintaining a cost effective and reliable communication service so your business can succeed. Telephone system joined with a fast Internet connection is and will always be a must, because they are responsible for the priority communication tools needed to effectively sell your products: email, social media, web-surfing and multi-functional business phone.
But before you even look at a system you need to define your business needs:
- How many users does it need to support?
- What is the anticipated growth over the next five years?
- Average call rate over a month?
- How many lines do you need and will you need more over the next five years?
- Do you use/ need fibre broadband and are you happy with the connection speed?
- What do you like /dislike about your current system?
- Do you need an automated greeting message or do you have a receptionist?
- What features would make your operation run more efficiently? (Individual user voice mail, caller ID, conference calling, easier call transfer, call monitoring, user visibility)
- What kind of service back up would you like?
- Does your business occupy more than one site and do you want both sites running from the same system?
- What are you currently paying for your system, line charges and calls? Do you need to reduce the monthly charges?
Once you have a clearer idea of your needs and budget then you can start to look at the range of options available:
- A smart Hybrid PBX
- Hosted Internet System
You can read the original text at: Green Telecom.